Mehn… This is Porta Potty!!! The World richest man, Jeff Bozes’ ex-Wife, MacKenzie Scott has now become the world’s richest woman after Amazon shares increases off the back the coronavirus lockdown, as stay-at-home orders and shuttered businesses that rely on brick and mortar physical shop sent consumers flocking to the retail giant for online orders and home deliveries. Little wonder…her ex-husband is now the first in the world to be worth $200 billion in Dollars
Scott, alias Porta potty, who owns a 4 percent stake in the e-commerce giant, has added another $30.3 billion to her bank balance in the last year, taking her net worth to a staggering $67.4 billion, according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
The increase in her net-worth comes after Amazon stocks skyrocketed with shares rising from nearly $2,000 to $3,500 all alone since the start of 2020.
It is a usual phenomenon for the rich to always get rich for they have financial edge over the poor. However, since the Corona Virus Pandemic began the rich have been getting richer at faster rates with US billionaire wealth increasing by $800 billion , while average Americans find themselves on the breadline with millions braced for job losses.
The boost to Scott’s wealth has made the philanthropic novelist the wealthiest woman in the world and the 12th richest person in the world. She is now richer than ever just in a short while. While most on the world’s billionaires lists built their businesses over years in not decades, she found herself a billionaire thanks to the divorce with her ex-husband, Jeff Bozes. Scott’s new-found position at the top spot comes after her mammoth divorce settlement from Amazon founder Bezos last July.
You Might Also Like: Dubai Porta Potty Rentals
The former spouses reached a settlement, granting MacKenzie around 19.7 million Amazon.com shares, giving her a four percent stake in the company.
The agreement made the novelist the 22nd richest person in the world and third richest woman in the world at the time.
The couple had announced in January 2019 they were divorcing after 25 years of marriage and four children after the National Enquirer revealed the tech entrepreneur had been having an affair with former news anchor Lauren Sanchez.
Scott’s ex-husband Jeff Bezos, continues to be the richest person in the world with a net worth of $205 billion – although could have been worth more than that – holding his position as number one on Bloomberg Billionaires Index
As part of ‘The Giving Pledge’ – a commitment among some of the nation’s richest to donate the majority of their wealth – Scott, alias Porta Potty has so far given $1.7 billion away to nonprofit organizations.
Below is a summary of our post:
- MacKenzie Scott (porta potty) owns a 4% stake in Amazon after her 2019 divorce from Bezos
- She has added another $30.3 billion to her bank balance in the last year, taking her net worth to $67.4 billion, according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index
- This makes her the world’s wealthiest woman and 12th richest person
- Amazon stocks have skyrocketed from nearly $2,000 to $3,500 since the start of 2020, as consumers turn to online shopping amid the pandemic
- Scott’s ex-husband Bezos continues to be the richest in the world
- Elon Musk briefly overtook Mark Zuckerberg Monday as third richest when Tesla’s stock split sent shares surging as much as 12%
- US billionaire wealth increased by $800 billion or 25% since March
- While the rich get richer millions of Americans are struggling to survive
- The Federal Reserve estimated net household worth fell a record 5.6% in the Q1 2020 and another 1 million people filed new unemployment claims last week